Skip to main content

Featured

The Miracle of Context

Image Source: Minds . Can you recognize  the truth, if it's taken out of context? The Internet has lately become Pandora's Box, spilling out its contents to those who dare to look  (or look again - or again ). Images Source: Hello! Magazine / Getty . Last week, a friend dismissed my claim that people want to see the truth. He thinks people are not interested in abstracts like 'truth.' They just want to get on with their lives. Whether they want the truth or not, the signs and symbols of truth are on the move. Conversations float around and skim the surface. Another friend wondered out loud tonight, "It feels like the virus is more of a meme than anything else." In the wake of the US inauguration, disinformation, strange rumours, and weird info dumps are circulating online. Everything feels off, but bizarrely connected. There is something bigger at play. Image Source: 4chan ; also here . Truth and fiction overlap. There is no way to drill down to bedrock. It

If There Was No More Time 4: Break the Spell


Image Source: akosmopolite.

Pay no mind to the spellcasters who brute force their dark reality upon us, for even today, I can still hear your heart beating. If there was no more time, I would say I know what no one else knows about you, encased inside the time slip. I am your secret.

Image Source: Brainy People.

The world has become so fake that the truth is secret, mislabeled, inverted, trampled by sheep-walkers.

Image Source: pinterest.

But I have seen the star ignite and I know how much they fear and hate it. I have seen the spark, the mirrored light, the slow burn, and the illumination that radiates and consumes illusions. I saw your solid, gleaming building turn transparent before the fake people and bricks began to sublimate. It was as natural as the rising sun, and treachery, sacrifice and lies could not suppress it. There is nothing that could make us separate from separate, and no victory inside the extinction mindset. 

It is not we who defeat them, but they who erase themselves. In their dead end utopia, there is no way back to what once was, and no way out. 

Image Source: wifflegif.



A Note on 'If There Was No More Time' Posts

To follow up on my February 2020 posts, If There Was No More Time and The Coronavirus Consciousness, I am doing a series of posts here with cryptic testimonies to and about particular people and situations. Given the nCov pandemic, there are some things I should say, in case the clock is ticking more quickly than usual. If it isn't, these posts can be taken as some personal statements about themes in my work.

This post provides background to the title poem of my forthcoming poetry collection, DARK PALACE. My pinterest board for the poem, "Dark Palace," is here.

Comments

Popular Posts